TATTOO AFTERCARE W/SANIDERM & WITHOUT SANIDERM:
The first few days and weeks (for a new tattoo) are probably the most important for your new tattoo. Make sure you care for it properly. Below is the healing procedure and do’s and don’ts we recommend. Because each individual is different, this may not always be the best recommendation for each person. We recommend you follow the advice of your tattoo artist or seek the advice of a doctor first.
1. Leave the wrap that you received after the tattoo on for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Tattoos will ooze, this is a normal part of the healing process. The wrap is there to keep airborne bacteria and any other contaminants in the environment from invading your wound.
2. Make sure your hands have been washed thoroughly before you remove the wrap.
3. After removing the wrap, cleanse the tattooed area with soap and water. Do not scrub the tattoo with a brush or towel (this should not be done until the tattoo has healed). The idea behind the washing is to eliminate any dead cells that have been allowed to accumulate on the surface.
4. Dry the tattooed area by gently patting the area with a clean, sterile towel.
5. Let the tattoo dry completely (approximately 10 minutes)
6. Lightly rub on A & D ointment.
7. You do not need to re-wrap.
8. Repeat steps above for three-four days, approximately 3 to 6 times a day. The idea behind this part of the process is to not let the tattoo dry out. After a few days you may notice some peeling and possibly a little scabbing. Excessive scabbing can indicate a poorly done tattoo, but some scabbing may be normal. It is at this point in the healing process that our tattoo will begin to itch. RESIST THE URGE TO SATISFY YOUR DESIRE TO SCRATCH, RUB, OR PICK at the tattoo. Remember — the first few days and weeks (for a new tattoo) are probably the most important for your new tattoo. Make sure you care for it properly. Consult a physician if you experience symptoms such as excessive swelling, redness, yellow or green discharge, fever.
NOTE: This aftercare does not apply if bondaged with saniderm!
Some final DO’s and DON’Ts (DO NOT):
1. Go swimming or soak in a hot tub or bath
2. Use hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol on your tattoo
3. Itch, pick, or scratch the tattoo
4. Participate in activities that will make you sweat
1. Stay out of the sun until your tattoo has healed completely.
2. Apply sunblock to the tattoo after it has healed whenever it is exposed to the sun to protect it from damaging ultraviolet rays. I have received aftercare instructions: Client
Getting a tattoo may be one of the biggest decisions of your life. That’s why you need a tattoo aftercare bandage to prevent infections and scarring from ruining your tattoo.
Saniderm creates a barrier around your freshly tattooed skin, protecting it from dust, bacteria, moisture, and other external irritants. This transparent tattoo aftercare bandage is completely waterproof yet breathable to ensure that the skin receives the airflow it needs to heal and remain sweat-free. Using a product like Saniderm, specifically designed for tattoo aftercare, allows your tattoo to heal safely and look like the masterpiece it is.
Whether it’s your back, arm, or any part of your body, large or small, Saniderm has got you covered, literally!
PLEASE SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IF YOU NOTICE YELLOW DISCHARGE, EXCESSIVE SWELLING MORE THAN NORMAL, PAIN THAT LAST LONGER THEN NORMAL. OR INFECTED!!!